When you think of English novelist Jane Austen, what comes to mind first?
Frilly dresses and tea parties? Social events where dashing men sweep women off their feet? Close enough, since she is best known for her depiction of the romantic endeavors of middle class English people.
Some of Austen’s pieces include: Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion. Aside from her writing, she is actually also notorious for her sharp mind, frank thoughts, realism, and social commentary.
Although they were written two centuries ago, and she gained popularity posthumously, from topics about books and writing itself, love, friendship and life’s ironies, Austen wins.
Here are few Jane Austen quotes that justify her unique and witty view of human nature:
Jane Austen Quotes on Love
1. “There is no charm equal to tenderness of heart.” – Jane Austen
2. “If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.” – Jane Austen
3. “You must be the best judge of your own happiness.” – Jane Austen
4. “The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.” – Jane Austen
5. “Her heart did whisper that he had done it for her.” – Jane Austen
6. “There are as many forms of love as there are moments in time.” – Jane Austen
7. “It is very often nothing but our own vanity that deceives us.” – Jane Austen
8. “To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love.” – Jane Austen
9. “Then I examined my own heart. And there you were. Never, I fear, to be removed.” – Jane Austen
10. “Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another.” – Jane Austen
Jane Austen quotes on knowing oneself
11. “To you I shall say, as I have often said before, do not be in
Mental.guide is your guide in the world of psychology. In our online-journal you will find answers to many questions: how to overcome stress and depression, how to control your worry, how to manage anxiety and phobia, how to start loving and respecting yourself and many others.
Here you will get pieces of advice from the psychologists who will help you understand yourself better and start living in a harmony with this world around. Everyday updates are waiting for you here. So, if your feel upset, depressed and worried our psycho guide is ready to help you! We are your online help that is always at hand.
Owner: SNOWLAND s.r.o.
Registration certificate 06691200
16200, Na okraji 381/41, Veleslavín, 162 00 Praha 6